In this post, we start building a Laravel 8 Application just created. You can follow the tutorial Create a Laravel 8 application from scratch to install and create your first project and the initial application structure. However, this can be applied to a project created using the Laravel Sail tools or Composer.
The main areas to work at the start of the project are:
Continue reading “Building a Laravel 8 Application: Routes and Views”
- Understanding the project directory structure
- Navigation paths, adding/modifying routes
- Application screens, creating/modifying views
In this post, I share some useful GIT commands for everyday use. After years of using GIT, I’ve found useful commands to make my developer’s life easier. This is the list of the most frequently used in my case.
Continue reading “Useful GIT commands for everyday use”
There are many useful Google SEO tools, created by Google, to improve your SEO and site rank. These free tools could help you improve your search position:
- Webmaster Tools (Google Search Console)
- Google Analytics
- Keyword Planner
- Google Page Speed
- Structured Data tools
- Markup Helper
- Structured Data Testing
Continue reading “Google SEO Tools to improve your site rank”
In this guide we configure PHP and Laravel Framework to build web applications and REST APIs. As a result, you can prepare the environment to start the development process in a Laravel Project.
After this process, you will get installed the following components:
- PHP (PHP 7 or newer)
- MySQL/MariaDB server engine and client
- PEAR (PHP repository of common reusable components)
- Composer (PHP package and dependency manager)
- XDebug (PHP debugger used by unit tests tools like PHPUnit)
- Laravel command line tools (
Continue reading “Configure PHP and Laravel Framework”
GitHub is now offering Unlimited private repos for free. From a recent update on January 7th, 2019, Github announced a big change in their main offerings for developer and enterprise accounts.
Continue reading “GitHub is now offering Unlimited private repos for free”
In this guide you can build a REST API with Node.js SQLite and Express.js. Then, in a next part, we will be building automated Unit tests using Mocha and Chai, ready for a Test-Driven Development (TDD).
The main components of this REST service are:
- A Node.js base project, created as a NPM module
- An Express.js web server to manage the API endpoints, requests and responses
- A SQLite database for application storage
Continue reading “Build a REST API with Node.js SQLite and Express JS”
In this post we will learn how to deploy your web applications in Heroku, for free. Heroku is a Cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS). This company provides the base platform server, network resources and endpoints to publish your applications. However, you need to provide the application code and the rest is created automatically for you.
Sometimes, we need to test or showcase a quick prototype of a cloud based web application, REST API backend , or a static web application client. Heroku is a good solution to quickly host application at no cost. For example, they support the most popular languages and frameworks like Node.js, Ruby, Python, Java, PHP, Go, Scala, Clojure.
The general steps to deploy your application are:
- Register in the Heroku platform
- Install the Heroku CLI
- Login locally to Heroku
- Create your application and store it in a Git repository
- Configure your application for Heroku deployment.
- Register your application in Heroku
- Associate your git repository with your Heroku app
- Push your application to the Heroku application master repository
- Access your application from
Continue reading “Deploy your Applications in Heroku”
After creating your Django web application, you can start using Database models in Python and Django. There are the main steps to get your models and application working with a Database.
- Create new models for data processing
- Adding your models to the admin interface
- Playing with your models to create, edit, filter and delete information
- Upgrading your models with new attributes and methods
- Integrating data in your application.
In this guide, we continue from the previous post Web Applications using Python and Django.
Continue reading “Using Database models in Python and Django”