In this tutorial, we will go through the setup process and the main development tasks to create a Codeigniter 4 application from scratch. CodeIgniter is a PHP application development framework featuring a small footprint and great documentation. However, it’s simple and flexible enough to let you choose your way to work. It provides simple configuration and helpful tools for common development tasks.Continue reading “Create a Codeigniter 4 Application”
If you have recently acquired or reinstalled a new Laptop/PC with Windows, you may need to configure a Windows device for Web development (or any other type of development). This could include some basic development tools, editors, IDEs (Integrated Development Environment), and prepare your system to work with programming languages, compilers, and build tools. Those are some common steps you can start with:
One of the primary components is a good text editor to deal with code files, configuration files, and scripts.Continue reading “Configure a Windows device for Web development”
In this tutorial, you can learn how to install Windows 10. You may want to install Windows 10 for different reasons, for example:
- You have a new computer with no operating system installed
- You have a previous windows version already installed
- Your current windows 10 installation is faulty, corrupted, or useless because of system errors, malware, or slow performance.
- You need a clean Windows installation to start again.
In this post, we start building a Laravel 8 Application just created. You can follow the tutorial Create a Laravel 8 application from scratch to install and create your first project and the initial application structure. However, this can be applied to a project created using the Laravel Sail tools or Composer.
The main areas to work at the start of the project are:
- Understanding the project directory structure
- Navigation paths, adding/modifying routes
- Application screens, creating/modifying views
In this post, I share some useful GIT commands for everyday use. After years of using GIT, I’ve found useful commands to make my developer’s life easier. This is the list of the most frequently used in my case.
There are many useful Google SEO tools, created by Google, to improve your SEO and site rank. These free tools could help you improve your search position:
- Webmaster Tools (Google Search Console)
- Google Analytics
- Keyword Planner
- Google Page Speed
- Structured Data tools
- Markup Helper
- Structured Data Testing
In this guide we configure PHP and Laravel Framework to build web applications and REST APIs. As a result, you can prepare the environment to start the development process in a Laravel Project.
Note: for the newest Laravel 8, you can follow the instructions in this new post: Create a Laravel 8 application from scratch
After this process, you will get installed the following components:
- PHP (PHP 7 or newer)
- MySQL/MariaDB server engine and client
- PEAR (PHP repository of common reusable components)
- Composer (PHP package and dependency manager)
- XDebug (PHP debugger used by unit tests tools like PHPUnit)
- Laravel command line tools (
GitHub is now offering Unlimited private repos for free. From a recent update on January 7th, 2019, Github announced a big change in their main offerings for developer and enterprise accounts.