The next step after creating your application, is to publish an iOS application in the AppStore. This is a “quick” guide to publish iOS applications, if we want to make them public to the world. The process could be long for the first time.
The main steps involved in this process are:
- Create an Apple ID
- Join the Apple’s Developer program
- Create and build your application in Xcode
- Create an archive of your signed application
- Register your application in App Store Connect
- Upload or export your application
- Submit your application for Review
- Your application will be verified and published in the App Store.
Continue reading “Publish an iOS application in the AppStore”
In this post will show how to change the Laravel
public folder path (the default path to publish public content, including the index). Actually there is no configuration value to change this, but you can change some special files to change it to another location, and your application will continue working as expected.
Continue reading “How to change the Laravel public folder path”
Every time you need a Google API key for different Google APIs. You need to create a new one for each different project. Follow these steps to get an API key.
Go to the Google Cloud Platform Dashboard.
Go to https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/dashboard to view your current applications registered in Google. If you have never created a project before, create a new project. For a new project, you need a Project Name (Example: MyApplication), and optionally, an organization. Google will give you a permanent application id associated to this project (Ex: myapplication-3563453).
Continue reading “Creating a Google API Key (Google Maps)”
In this post I will show how to Install Cocoa Pods for Xcode projects. Cocoa Pods is a dependency manager for Swift and Objective-C Cocoa projects.
When you install XCode, you also get the
gem (RubyGems, the Ruby package manager). This command allows you to install Cocoa Pods for Xcode, without any extra configuration. Execute the following command
sudo gem install cocoapods
After fetching a list of dependency packages, you can use cocoa pods calling the command
pod. However, each command must be executed in the root folder of your Xcode project:
pod init: To create an empty initial
PodFile in your Xcode project folder.
pod install: To install packages defined in the
Continue reading “Install Cocoa Pods for XCode projects”
In this post you can learn how to install and configure Python and web development tools like Django, Tornado, Flask and Pyramid, to implement web applications.
Python is one of the most used programming languages. Above all, there are a lot of reasons to learn and use Python as a multi-purpose development tool:
- Easy to Learn and Use: It is developer-oriented and high level.
- Expressive: The syntax is more understandable and readable.
- Interpreted: Easy to run and debug, suitable for beginners.
- Cross-platform: Python is portable. You can install and run it in Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac. Also, there are several other ports.
- Free and Open Source:The source-code is also available.
- Object-Oriented: Python supports OOP with classes and objects.
- Multi-paradigm: You can use procedural, object-oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Extensible: You can compile and integrate new libraries and tools using languages like C/C++.
- Large Standard Library: Extensive functionality through a huge collection of modules and libraries through a package/module manager (pip) .
- GUI Programming: You can implement Graphical user interfaces using Python, for desktop and web applications.
- Integrated: You can easily integrate Python with languages like C, C++, JAVA etc.
Continue reading “Install Python and Web development tools”
In this guide, you can Install and configure Eclipse for Java. Eclipse is one of the most commonly used Java IDEs (Integrated Development Environment). You can install it from the official Eclipse page:
After that, you could add some extra configuration and packages to get a development environment ready to work.
Continue reading “Install and configure Eclipse for Java”
Otherwise, After starting with Git, GitHub, and open source projects, you will find a lot of projects using Node.js and Npm packages. Node.js is not only a tool to create web application backends. Also, is used as a development platform for large scale projects to manage dependencies and perform operations in the project lifecycle. His companion, Npm, is a package manager to make available a large ecosystem of modules and functionalities used in the development stage, in the project itself and in the development pipeline.
Continue reading “Using Node.js and Npm packages”
You need to install Java SDK on MacOS to allow a lot of applications and development tools to run in your machine. This post describes the most important installation steps to get a working Java development environment.
Continue reading “Install Java SDK on MacOS”
There are several steps for the installation of PHP in Windows MacOS and Linux. In this article we cover the most common installation procedure for each operating system. As a result, you can install and configure other tools and frameworks like Laravel.
Continue reading “Installation of PHP in Windows, MacOS and Linux”
After more than one year using Visual Studio Code to work in the majority of my web application projects. This post will show some tips to get the best of this awesome editor as a complete and integrated development tool.
Continue reading “Using Visual Studio Code”