In this post you can learn how to install and configure Python and web development tools like Django, Tornado, Flask and Pyramid, to implement web applications.
Python is one of the most used programming languages. Above all, there are a lot of reasons to learn and use Python as a multi-purpose development tool:
- Easy to Learn and Use: It is developer-oriented and high level.
- Expressive: The syntax is more understandable and readable.
- Interpreted: Easy to run and debug, suitable for beginners.
- Cross-platform: Python is portable. You can install and run it in Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac. Also, there are several other ports.
- Free and Open Source:The source-code is also available.
- Object-Oriented: Python supports OOP with classes and objects.
- Multi-paradigm: You can use procedural, object-oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Extensible: You can compile and integrate new libraries and tools using languages like C/C++.
- Large Standard Library: Extensive functionality through a huge collection of modules and libraries through a package/module manager (pip) .
- GUI Programming: You can implement Graphical user interfaces using Python, for desktop and web applications.
- Integrated: You can easily integrate Python with languages like C, C++, JAVA etc.
Continue reading “Install Python and Web development tools”
Otherwise, After starting with Git, GitHub, and open source projects, you will find a lot of projects using Node.js and Npm packages. Node.js is not only a tool to create web application backends. Also, is used as a development platform for large scale projects to manage dependencies and perform operations in the project lifecycle. His companion, Npm, is a package manager to make available a large ecosystem of modules and functionalities used in the development stage, in the project itself and in the development pipeline.
Continue reading “Using Node.js and Npm packages”
You need to install Java SDK on MacOS to allow a lot of applications and development tools to run in your machine. This post describes the most important installation steps to get a working Java development environment.
Continue reading “Install Java SDK on MacOS”
There are several steps for the installation of PHP in Windows MacOS and Linux. In this article we cover the most common installation procedure for each operating system. As a result, you can install and configure other tools and frameworks like Laravel.
Continue reading “Installation of PHP in Windows, MacOS and Linux”
After more than one year using Visual Studio Code to work in the majority of my web application projects. This post will show some tips to get the best of this awesome editor as a complete and integrated development tool.
Continue reading “Using Visual Studio Code”
This is a very basic guide of Git for beginners. Git is a version-control system for tracking changes in files associated to projects of different types. It is primarily used for source-code management in software development, but it can be used to keep track of changes in any set of files.
Without a version control system, you probably used to frequently save copies your work-in-progress in zip files. But when you feel that your work is a mess and you need to get back to a previous version of some files, how to deal with mixed changes in files? It’s a real pain to do that. Git and other version control systems like SVN are a great solution.
Continue reading “Git for Beginners”
After years working with Windows and Linux workstations, now I need to configure a MacBook for development. Some years before, a MacBook was a natural tool for Designers and Media producers. But now, many developers are using a MacBook for software development. The developer community behind MacBooks made possible to get the most useful developer tools available for Mac users. This is a my own list of steps to configure a MacBook for Development.
Continue reading “Configure a MacBook for Development”