In this post we will learn how to deploy your web applications in Heroku, for free. Heroku is a Cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS). This company provides the base platform server, network resources and endpoints to publish your applications. However, you need to provide the application code and the rest is created automatically for you.
Sometimes, we need to test or showcase a quick prototype of a cloud based web application, REST API backend , or a static web application client. Heroku is a good solution to quickly host application at no cost. For example, they support the most popular languages and frameworks like Node.js, Ruby, Python, Java, PHP, Go, Scala, Clojure.
The general steps to deploy your application are:
- Register in the Heroku platform
- Install the Heroku CLI
- Login locally to Heroku
- Create your application and store it in a Git repository
- Configure your application for Heroku deployment.
- Register your application in Heroku
- Associate your git repository with your Heroku app
- Push your application to the Heroku application master repository
- Access your application from