In this guide we configure PHP and Laravel Framework to build web applications and REST APIs. As a result, you can prepare the environment to start the development process in a Laravel Project.
After this process, you will get installed the following components:
- PHP (PHP 7 or newer)
- MySQL/MariaDB server engine and client
- PEAR (PHP repository of common reusable components)
- Composer (PHP package and dependency manager)
- XDebug (PHP debugger used by unit tests tools like PHPUnit)
- Laravel command line tools (
Continue reading “Configure PHP and Laravel Framework”
In this post we will learn how to deploy your web applications in Heroku, for free. Heroku is a Cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS). This company provides the base platform server, network resources and endpoints to publish your applications. However, you need to provide the application code and the rest is created automatically for you.
Sometimes, we need to test or showcase a quick prototype of a cloud based web application, REST API backend , or a static web application client. Heroku is a good solution to quickly host application at no cost. For example, they support the most popular languages and frameworks like Node.js, Ruby, Python, Java, PHP, Go, Scala, Clojure.
The general steps to deploy your application are:
- Register in the Heroku platform
- Install the Heroku CLI
- Login locally to Heroku
- Create your application and store it in a Git repository
- Configure your application for Heroku deployment.
- Register your application in Heroku
- Associate your git repository with your Heroku app
- Push your application to the Heroku application master repository
- Access your application from
Continue reading “Deploy your Applications in Heroku”
In this post will show how to change the Laravel
public folder path (the default path to publish public content, including the index). Actually there is no configuration value to change this, but you can change some special files to change it to another location, and your application will continue working as expected.
Continue reading “How to change the Laravel public folder path”
There are several steps for the installation of PHP in Windows MacOS and Linux. In this article we cover the most common installation procedure for each operating system. As a result, you can install and configure other tools and frameworks like Laravel.
Continue reading “Installation of PHP in Windows, MacOS and Linux”