In this post you can learn how to install and configure Python and web development tools like Django, Tornado, Flask and Pyramid, to implement web applications.
Python is one of the most used programming languages. Above all, there are a lot of reasons to learn and use Python as a multi-purpose development tool:
- Easy to Learn and Use: It is developer-oriented and high level.
- Expressive: The syntax is more understandable and readable.
- Interpreted: Easy to run and debug, suitable for beginners.
- Cross-platform: Python is portable. You can install and run it in Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac. Also, there are several other ports.
- Free and Open Source:The source-code is also available.
- Object-Oriented: Python supports OOP with classes and objects.
- Multi-paradigm: You can use procedural, object-oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Extensible: You can compile and integrate new libraries and tools using languages like C/C++.
- Large Standard Library: Extensive functionality through a huge collection of modules and libraries through a package/module manager (pip) .
- GUI Programming: You can implement Graphical user interfaces using Python, for desktop and web applications.
- Integrated: You can easily integrate Python with languages like C, C++, JAVA etc.
Continue reading “Install Python and Web development tools”